Friday, April 6, 2012

The Joy of Voice Threads


            Both Alyssa’s and Meng’s Voice Thread’s were interesting to respond to.  They both incorporated the use of adjectives and responding to a picture.  In this scenario, this would be a great tool to use in any English or ESL class to not only practice the use of adjectives, but to also practice using their voice or writing skills.  The threads that I visited, gave in depth directions as to how to use the Voice Thread so that learners were able to explore this tool with the help of their teacher.  It was great in that it allowed learners to use their own unique way of responding to the thread. 
                In my voice thread, I allowed the learners to respond orally, but then they had to give me a hard copy of what was said and reinforce their writing skills.  In reviewing my thread, I think that this will be a wonderful tool to practice for ANY type of speaking task for any exam.  It can allow for learners to hear themselves and give feedback to themselves as well as other classmates.     

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Voice Threads allow a lot of creativity to develop activities which utilize all four L2 skills. I think as teachers use VTs, they will keep finding novel ways to encourage student participation as well as what works well using this tool and what doesn't.